Check out today's edition to discover an amazing platform that combines location data with map-based business intelligence applications, opening the door for customized data application development. It's pretty impressive, don't you think? Also, make sure to read about a prominent data conference that provides unparalleled insights into the AI landscape. And lastly, don't miss out on the summary of Generative AI Use Cases that businesses can implement right now.
Featured tools of the week
- Rill Data: Rill Data provides a fully managed cloud data service to easily create and consume metrics. It combines a SQL-based data modeler, real-time database, and metrics dashboard into a single product, making it a simple alternative to complex BI stacks. The platform offers security, elastic scaling, and job monitoring on top of an open-source tool to transform data, a high-performance, real-time analytics database (Apache Druid), and metrics dashboards that are fast, interactive, and easy to use.
- Flyte: Flyte is a cloud-based machine learning and data processing platform that offers an open-source structured programming and distributed solution that facilitates concurrent, scalable, and maintainable workflows. It uses protocol buffers to specify workflows and tasks, and it is an open-source Kubernetes-native workflow orchestrator implemented in Go.
Featured stack of the week
- CleverMaps: CleverMaps provides a location insights platform, which supports the modern data stack ecosystem. The platform enables users to gain location-based insights from map-based BI apps, assists data analysts without GIS knowledge to work with location data seamlessly, and empowers software developers to build custom data applications or compose analytical environments. Overall, CleverMaps helps businesses easily build and maintain large location intelligence projects, thereby making it easier for business users to access and act on location insights on interactive maps.
Here is the data stack of Clevermaps:
Good reads and resources
- Rise of the Data Generalist: Smaller Teams, Bigger Impact: Amidst the era of big data, a new superhero has risen from the ranks of data science – the ultimate data generalist, with unparalleled skills to conquer the vast and complex landscape of information. Tarush Aggarwal explores the rise of data generalists, professionals who possess a broad range of skills across various domains in data science rather than specializing in a specific area. The increasing demand for data-driven decision-making has led to a shift in the industry, where the ability to collaborate across different disciplines and provide insights from a holistic perspective is highly valued. Companies are looking for data generalists who can work with both structured and unstructured data, conduct analyses, and communicate findings effectively. The article emphasizes that data generalists are essential in bridging the gap between data and business strategy, and their versatility makes them a valuable asset in any organization.
- Generative AI Use Cases Companies Can Implement Today: Barr Moses highlights five use cases of Generative AI. The first use case is using Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) to create synthetic data for training machine learning models to increase their accuracy and effectiveness. The second use case focuses on using GANs to generate images of products, which can be useful for online shopping. The third use case is using GANs to generate new music based on existing compositions. The fourth use case involves using GANs to create realistic 3D models of objects and environments. The fifth and final use case is using GANs to generate human-like language, which has the potential for use in chatbots and virtual assistants.
Upcoming data events, summits and webinars
- ODSC West 2023, a dynamic fusion of in-person and virtual experiences, will unfold from
📅 October 30 to November 2
📍 San Francisco, CA
The conference is offering attendees unparalleled insights into the world of AI. With a diverse lineup of 250 speakers, this premier AI conference invites participants to explore the AI Expo and Demo Hall, a hub where experts from leading AI companies and startups showcase the latest advancements in the field. Discover the essential 'Build Vs Buy' decisions through live demos, or dive into immersive, expert-led training sessions, including LLMs, ML, DL, NLP, and more, providing job-ready skills and certifications for AI practitioners at all levels. Register here.
- Experience a transformative journey in the world of data science during this engaging webinar that's set to redefine the way you approach data-driven solutions on
📅 Oct 19, 2023
Explore the disruptive concept of data mesh and witness the fusion of Starburst's data access features with Red Hat OpenShift Data Science's infrastructure, resulting in the creation of scalable data products that serve as the foundation for exceptional data science outcomes. Register here.
- Ramp is hiring Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: US and Canada Remote
Stack: Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Looker, Databricks
- Gigmedia is hiring
Location: Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Stack: dbt, Snowflake, Airflow. Tableau, Superset, PostgreSQL
- Modern Milkman is hiring Analytics Engineer
Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Stack: dbt, Snowflake, Fivetran, Thoughtspot
🔥 Trending on Twitter
Just for fun 😀
Are you always hungry for more information and updates about the ever-evolving world of data?
But wait, there's more! We want to hear from you - rate us here and let us know how we're doing.
We welcome any suggestions, articles you would like us to showcase, or data engineering job listings that you may have. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] and we would be delighted to incorporate your input into our next edition.
About Moderndatastack.xyz - We're building a platform to bring together people in the data community to learn everything about building and operating a Modern Data Stack. It's pretty cool - do check it out :)