Our latest newsletter edition has got you covered with an array of cutting-edge tools and resources handpicked to drive your growth, streamline operations, and help you make better business decisions. 🚀
Featured in this edition are two powerful tools: a customer data platform that provides fast and precise segmentation, and an analytics governance service that ensures type-safe code and debugging. But that's not all! You'll also explore the revolutionary "Lakehouse" architectural concept, which combines the best of data lakes and warehouses, giving you more agility and flexibility with your data management. And the cherry on top? We have rounded up some exciting upcoming data events and summits that you don't want to miss. Read more below!
Featured tools of the week
- Simon Data: Simon Data is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) that helps marketers produce business results quickly. It is a solution that is built on Snowflake and is purpose-built for growth to enable marketing teams to drive campaign performance and personalization through fast and precise segmentation. Simon Data is designed to break free from outdated architecture and make customer data centralized and secure. It is low code and designed for use by marketers to turn them into data scientists.
- Avo: Avo offers next-generation analytics governance services to help product managers, developers, and data scientists plan, track, and manage product analytics. They provide a tracking plan interface that allows teams to standardize event schemas, monitor workflows, and provide peer reviews. Avo's analytics tools ensure type-safe code and debugging, making implementation fast and simple. They work seamlessly with existing analytics tools, ensuring that teams can deliver products quickly without compromising data quality.
Featured stack of the week
- group.ONE: group.ONE is a European company that provides online presence, cloud hosting, digital marketing, software tools, and reselling services. They specialize in domains, website builders, customized WordPress software, and web hosting platforms. In addition, the company offers cloud servers, digital marketing guidance, SEO optimization, digital advertising campaigns, software as a service, and reselling services to agencies, managed service providers, and service providers. With their tools, over two million customers trust group.one to help them succeed online. They offer a wide range of products and services to help entrepreneurs establish and grow their online businesses.
Here is the data stack of group.ONE:
Good reads and resources
- BI tools comparison matrix: Your guide to choosing the right tool: This article by Qi Wu, a data veteran from Uber, WeWork and now co-founder at 5X, provides a comprehensive guide for selecting, implementing, and excelling in Business Intelligence (BI), with expert recommendations and in-depth vendor comparisons of the most popular BI tools on the market. Qi highlights the importance of streamlining operations and making better business decisions by selecting the right BI tool, and discusses the key factors that businesses should consider when making their selection.
- Lakehouse and Warehouse: sharing data between environments: "If you're tired of choosing between data lakes and warehouses, good news, there's a new architectural concept on the horizon: the lakehouse," says Gustavo Martin Morcuende in his thought-provoking article. He discusses the concept of a "lakehouse," an architectural approach that combines the best of both data warehouses and data lakes to enable more agile and efficient data management. With data lakes, it's easy to store and process large amounts of raw data, but analysis can be time-consuming. On the other hand, data warehouses offer quick access to processed data, but can be expensive and inflexible. With the lakehouse model, data is stored in a raw format, but can be quickly transformed for analysis, allowing for flexibility and speed. Gustavo also explores the challenges of implementing a lakehouse architecture, including data management and governance.
Upcoming data events, summits and webinars
- The biggest showcase of data and AI technologies - Big Data and AI World in Spain returns, bringing together professionals for a national gathering like no other. Taking place on:
📅 October 30 and 31, 2023
This event offers a unique opportunity to showcase the latest innovations and strategies in the field. With over 400 market-leading exhibiting companies and an impressive lineup of over 350 keynote speakers, it promises to be a gathering of industry excellence. More than 15,000 professional visitors will have the chance to interact with these experts, making it a must-attend event for anyone in the field. Register here.
- Northern Ireland's premier technology event has arrived, and it's none other than Big Data Belfast! Hosted by Analytics Engines, Big Data Belfast 2023 is set to take place at the ICC Belfast on:
📅 Thursday, October 26th, 2023
This event offers an exceptional platform for business and data professionals to glean insights from industry thought leaders. Register here.
- Skimlinks is hiring Senior Data Engineer
Location: London, UK
Stack: Python, Airflow, Bigquery, dbt
- Noodle is hiring Data Analytics Engineer
Location: Remote, South Africa
Stack: dbt, Snowflake, Tableau, Salesforce
- Lichtblick is hiring Data Engineer
Stack: Python, dbt, Airflow, MS Azure, Power BI, Snowflake
🔥 Trending on Twitter
Just for fun 😀
Are you always hungry for more information and updates about the ever-evolving world of data?
But wait, there's more! We want to hear from you - rate us here and let us know how we're doing.
We welcome any suggestions, articles you would like us to showcase, or data engineering job listings that you may have. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] and we would be delighted to incorporate your input into our next edition.
About Moderndatastack.xyz - We're building a platform to bring together people in the data community to learn everything about building and operating a Modern Data Stack. It's pretty cool - do check it out :)