We hope you enjoyed the holidays and had a great kickstart to this brand new year!
2021 was a good year from the Modern Data Stack perspective. A lot of new trends like data mesh, data lakehouse were making a buzz in the data industry and they will continue to do so this year too.
For the last few years, the data industry has seen rapid evolution as more companies become data-driven. From what we have seen in 2021, we can say that this year will only amplify this trend!
Once again we wish you a Happy New Year!
Let's take you through this week's newsletter.
Featured tools this week
Here are this week's featured companies from the Modern Data Stack.
- Census is the data operational analytics platform that syncs your data warehouse with the apps you use. Get your customer success, sales & marketing teams on the same page by sharing the same customer data.
- lakeFS is an open-source tool that provides a Git-like experience for data lakes, enabling data teams to run parallel pipelines for experimentation and CI/CD for data.
Upcoming data stack events & webinars
Upcoming conferences, summits, and webinars for you. Start networking!
- Hevo data is organizing a virtual summit on 'The Power of Analytics: Fast-track Data to Insights' on 12th January 2022.
The summit will help data analytics professionals to learn how to build a strong analytics foundation by effectively gathering, managing, and analyzing data. Register here for the event.
Good reads and resources
Keep pace with the latest developments in the modern data stack. Always be learning!
- Built For Complexity: Data Observability Meets Data Integration- In this episode of databand podcast, guest Taylor Murphy shares the history and vision behind building Meltano. He also discusses data integration, data observability in reference to growing data complexity and how does the year 2022 look like for Meltano.
- Kubernetes for data engineering - In this article, Vladimir Prus shares his experience of how at Joom they used Kubernetes specifically for data engineering with Spark and what results they saw which were mostly positive.
- Data Lineage Explained To a Five-Year-Old - In this article, Xavier has explained in-depth what is data lineage, its use cases and why it became so popular. He also takes a deep dive into the technical aspect of data lineage.
- Trends that shaped the Modern Data Stack in 2021 - Though organizations kept blabbering about becoming data-driven, real efforts to be one started from last 3-4 years. And 2021 was a good year from the Modern Data Stack perspective. In this article, Salma Bakouk discussed the trends that shaped the Modern Data Stack in 2021.
- Evolution of Eureka’s Data Platform: In this article, Kirill Denisenko discussed the evolution of Eureka's data platform.
- Why we made our Reverse ETL solution Open Source?: In this article, Arun Tulasidharan founder of Castled Data explains based on customer feedback, why they transformed their Reverse ETL solution into an open-source solution.
- Clearcover is hiring a 'Senior Manager, Data Analytics'
Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
Tags: SQL, Looker, Tableau, Python.
- Stitch Fix is hiring a 'Director of Engineering - Observability'
Location: Remote, USA
Tags: Observability, APM, AIOps, CI/CD
- Zapier is hiring a 'Data Warehouse Engineer'
Tags: Redshift, Matillion, Astronomer, Kafka.
- Typeform is hiring a 'Director of Analytics'
Tags: Business KPIs, SaaS growth, data models.
- Renaissance is hiring a 'Data Engineer'
Tags: dbt, Snowflake, Tableau
Trending on Twitter
What's trending on Twitter in the Data Stack world!
Just for fun
If you enjoyed this newsletter, please forward it to your friends who dig the 'Modern Data Stack' movement! (or you can just send them this link).
Have suggestions? Contact us here!